My 16 year old niece tells me that all of her girlfriends are rocking bangs these days…clip-in bangs! Seems celebrities like Lea Michele, Kate Hudson & Halle Berry flaunt them too. Clip in bangs are a great idea. They offer an easy way to try a new hairstyle without the “chop”. They prove that fringe can be fun and take away that dreaded “growing out my bangs” stage. Try Kymaro’s Clip-in Bangs. They are heat resistant up to 356° Fahrenheit. They can be curled and cut. You can shampoo them and blow them dry, plus, they are amazingly affordable at just $9.95! www.ubuyez.com
Posts Tagged ‘advice’
One of the most famous brands in the clothing industry, Ed Hardy, is now in the beauty industry! Inspired by tattoo art designs, there are brushes, combs, blow dryers, flat irons, hair accessories & more. The Rose Teasing Brush is one of my “Fave” Ed Hardy styling tool products. It’s got 3 rows of bristles and a sectioning tail for a perfect tease every time. I love that it is easy to grip and I feel so cool when I use it! www.folica.com
Is this fab or what?! WannaWearByTinaO presents, the Envy Suit. This Crop Classic 1950′s Look Jacket with Pencil Skirt is to die for! The jacket has a Princes collar it’s lined & double breasted. There is a vent in the skirt. It’s made from blended 53% Wool & 47% Viscose Fabric. (pictured with scarf not included) The price is only $250 and believe me, you couldn’t touch a quality suite like this anywhere else for under $500.
Everyone knows that I am a fan of Celebrity stylist, Teddy Charles (check out my Face Book page
pictures for a photo of me & Teddy from a hair show that we judged!)
Teddy used the new Remington T-Studio Pearl Ceramic Styling Wand to create the nautical-inspired “Yacht Knot” hair look that accompanied the breezy, ethereal runway collection for Luca Luca S/S 2011. www.ulta.com
From Summer to Fall. Does my skin even know the difference?
You bet your brown spots your skin knows! Seasonal transition is definitely something our skin will have an effect from. Due to the weather, free radicals, UVA, UVB, air pollution…etc., our skin can become extremely dull and dehydrated and start showing more signs of the damage that was caused during our summer days in the sun. Cooler, dryer weather is undoubtedly the time to start preventing any further damage to your skin, and start repairing what damage has already been caused. Even if you protected your skin throughout summer with sunscreens and hats, damage still occurs. This is the perfect time to revitalize and rejuvenate your skin.
The holidays are just around the corner, now is the time to start amping up your skin care regimen and feeling great about your skin! Don’t wait until the last minute! Give yourself plenty of time so your skin can adjust and have optimal results by the time your holiday parties come around. There are so many fun and exciting treatments out right now for all skin types! You can’t turn back time, but you can definitely get on the road to healthy skin!
I’ve always said, “The most important thing you will wear all year is your skin, make it Healthy Skin!”
Scheduling an appointment with your licensed Esthetician is a great way to start the seasons right. By doing this your skincare specialist can help you determine your skin type and recommend products that best suit your skin needs. Ingredients are key, and your esthetician is trained to help you maintain beautiful, healthy skin not only in the treatment room, but at home too!
From Summer to Acne. Why don’t I breakout this much in Summer!?
Summer is pretty much over. The transition of the seasons has begun causing a noticeable effect on your complexion. The chaotic pressures of school starting again, having to get back to fighting traffic, dry cold weather, all these things cause stress, and when the stress is high, the skin reacts. It’s easy to overlook the fact that along with the crazy traffic and stressful work and school schedules your skin will suffer causing you even more stress resulting in acne breakouts.
In some instances the UV rays from the sun can actually help to control breakouts. It can be a little pimple or it can be several big ones! Most people just can’t resist taking matters into their own finger tips. You’re only human. We look for the quick fix, not thinking of what the consequences can be! I’ve had patients that pick, use needles, use safety pins, or whatever other sharp objects they can find, and about 95 percent of the time when they come to me, there is still bacteria stuck under the skin! We just cannot extract ourselves properly it doesn’t work! Picking causes trauma to the skin, from redness and dark spots to inflammation and scarring. It can even cause the acne to spread. Don’t self treat! Self treating with some home remedies can be risky and damage your skin. Like toothpaste! Big NO NO, unless you want a nice red or dark mark left on your face. Toothpaste can burn the skin. Don’t do it! There are hundreds of home remedies you can try, but be sure to use caution and research any reactions or side effects that can occur. Don’t be afraid to call your skincare specialist, dermatologist or esthetician for any remedies you can try at home. (You may not get an answer over the phone if you’re not already established with her/him)
The solution? Think about it.
The amount you spend on creams, cleansers and soaps looking for something that works for you can add up quickly! You try one cleanser after another, one moisturizer after another, Sun Screens, mask’s, pads, spot treatments, remedies, everything adds up! Has is treated the problem? Maybe? Has it made it worse? It’s possible.
You can see a licensed professional, trained to extract properly and that can recommend the products that can work for your skin type. By seeing your licensed Esthetician/Skincare Specialist and Dermatologist, and getting the proper topical treatments as well as facial treatments you can help fight acne breakouts. Acne treatments will focus on controlling inflammation and preventing or addressing issues of hyperpigmentation and scarring , treatments that get you back to healthier, clearer , more stress free skin. No matter what your age, gender, or skin type, professional acne treatments can work for you and improve your over all skin health. This goes for all parts of the body. Acne isn’t just on your face. It can occur on the back, chest, arms and other unmentionable places.
Don’t be afraid to interview your esthetician first. Best to get a referral to someone trusted by a friend or Doctor. Not just any esthetician is qualified at doing proper extractions!
Follow Molly M on Twitter http://twitter.com/SkinByMollyM
How to Change Your Diet Now for Better-Looking Skin
(from the October 2010 issue of ShopSmart.)
• Load up on antioxidant-rich produce: Think dark and leafy and colorful—kale, bell peppers, spinach, sweet potatoes, broccoli, berries, oranges, and pomegranates. They’re rich sources of vitamins A, C, and E and other health-promoting phytochemicals (plant-based compounds). Besides helping to reduce the harmful effects of free radicals, the unstable molecules that damage cells, antioxidants help keep the skin cells healthy and protect collagen and elastin from being degraded.
• Mind your minerals: Zinc, found in particularly high levels in oysters, crab, beef, poultry, kidney beans, and fortified cereals, has an anti-inflammatory effect on the skin, facilitates cell regeneration, and protects against collagen degradation. Selenium, plentiful in Brazil nuts, fish, poultry, couscous, and oat bran, has antioxidant properties that help protect the skin from wrinkles, sagging, and sun damage. Iron, found in clams, soybeans, lentils, spinach, beef liver, and fortified cereals, is important for skin repair.
• Get your omega-3s: Omega-3 fatty acids, found in fatty fish, walnuts, canola oil, flaxseeds, and omega-3-fortified eggs, can bolster the skin barrier and decrease inflammation in the skin. Chronic, low-grade inflammation, which is invisible to the eye, can destroy collagen and elastin. So have fish for dinner tonight: stick with low-mercury, high-omega-3 species such as sardines, wild salmon, herring, and pollack.
• Eat less sugar: Downing lots of highly processed or sugary foods can cause a spike in blood sugar and insulin, which can trigger chronic, low-grade inflammation at the cellular level. You don’t have to give up sweets, just eat them in moderation. And if you crave something sweet, eat a small piece of dark chocolate, which is loaded with protective antioxidants.
• Choose the right proteins: The protein found in lean meats, poultry, fish, eggs, legumes, nuts, seeds, and low-fat dairy products provides your body with essential amino acids, the building blocks for the maintenance and repair of skin tissue. Different amino acids help construct collagen, the scaffold that gives skin its structure, or create lubricating ceramides, which help the skin hold onto water.
• Think about your drinks: Staying optimally hydrated by drinking enough water so that your urine is light-colored is important. Since it’s not always easy to gulp down enough water every day, one strategy is to sip green tea. Research suggests that the epigallocatechin gallate green tea contains offers some protection against DNA damage caused by the sun’s ultraviolet rays and triggers anti-tumor activity by the body’s immune system.
Dazzle Dry vegan Quick Dry Nail Polish is featured in the August issue of NailPro magazine. Dazzle Dry polish dries hard in 5 minutes, has the longevity of a gel with easy application and removal. When it is used as directed it lasts chip free for up to 3 weeks on most nails! The editors at NailPro know their stuff so you can be guaranteed this is a great polish line!
The hottest hairstyle this season is the braid! Today’s braid is an updated version of the classic that’s perfect for a long day at the office or even a night out on the town.
Women’s Health magazine July/August issue (on newsstands now) shows a version that’s perfect for keeping hair off your face or for that dreaded “growing out your bangs” period.
1) Make a horizontal line two inches back from your hairline and separate that front section of hair. Leave the rest loose.
2) Starting at the left side of the head, just above your ear, French braid until you reach your right ear.
3) Secure the braid with an elastic and tuck the ends behind your right ear. Curl the rest of your hair with a curling iron.
Grab your handbag, grab your make-up bag and don’t forget to grab a Nature Organic Health Bar! Cranberry Crunch, Almond Raisin & Espresso Wings of Nature Organic Health Bars are so good! I ate the Cranberry Crunch yesterday morning. Later in the day, I tried the Almond Raisin. Espresso was my pick for this morning…OK…I am addicted! It’s amazing how these taste so good and they are gluten, vegan/diary, preservative & additive free. They are certified Kosher & organic, are a great source of fiber and contain low glycemic carbs. These are really the best health bars I have ever had.
“I can’t think of a more rewarding life than being able to help people look younger, feel healthier and live happier,” says Dr. Howard Murad. And, he certainly does. We are huge Murad fans here at IAGT. Right now, I am especially loving the Murad HYBRIDS Skin Perfecting Primer. I am wearing it today with just mascara and lip stick. My pores look smaller. My skin has a nice matte finish and the universal shade matches my skin tone perfectly. Best of all, I know it’s right for me. It’s Murad!