Posts Tagged ‘award winning beauty products’
STYLIST SERIES: 30 THINGS ABOUT US
Featuring: Scott Cole and Linda Yodice, Color Directors for Paul Mitchell
From tricks to nix a bad hair day, to must-haves for surviving on a desert island, we’re celebrating the Paul Mitchell artists—individuals who have helped the iconic brand remain a style staple for over 30 years!
1. What do you love most about what you do?
Scott: I love that I’m around people with open minds and have the ability to mold people.
2. What is your go-to Paul Mitchell product?
Scott: Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam has always been my go-to product & I’ve recently become addicted to Awapuhi Wild Ginger Texturizing Sea Spray–it gives hair the perfect tousled, beachy look.
3. We’ve all been there—your roots are showing but there’s no time to get to the salon; what’s your fix for hiding them in a flash?
Linda: Use hair pieces that compliment your look—collect an assortment of scarves, head bands & hats as they work for any length hair and will help conceal bad roots.
4. Emma Stone recently unveiled bright, blonde locks at The Golden Globes—what’s your advice to women who want to make a drastic color change before a big event?
Linda and Scott: Don’t…unless you really crave change; instead make the change a few weeks prior to get comfortable with your new look.
5. What do you predict is the next big trend in haircolor?
Linda: More polished and refined color with rich intensity; this look is achieved through layering several colors.
6. Which celebrity do you think has the best hair color?
Linda: Scarlett Johansson
7. Which celebrity head of hair are you dying to get your hands on?
Scott: Christina Aguilera
8. How do you balance personal and professional lives?
Scott: Simple—separate our professional and personal lives
9. What song always gets you pumped up?
Linda: Currently “Raise Your Glass” by Pink
10. How do you unwind after a rough day?
Scott: Walk my dogs, go for a run, or enjoy a nice glass of wine
11. Set it straight for us, how often do you really need to color your hair?
Scott: Three times/year.
12. Are there any set “rules” for finding the perfect hair shade?
Linda: Look to the undertones of skin and eye color for inspiration
13. Who is your style icon?
Linda: My mood
14. John Paul DeJoria’s motto is “Success Unshared is Failure,” what’s yours?
Linda: The only constant is change; when things are great appreciate every moment, and when they’re not, let it go as change will come
15. Coloring can take a toll on your hair—what do you recommend people do to keep their hair healthy?
Scott: Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger KeraTriplex 2-Step Repair Treatment works wonders for color treated hair; it repairs and deeply hydrates
16. What can you do to make your color last longer?
Linda & Scott: Using the appropriate products is key – look for those with sunscreens (Paul Mitchell Color Protect collection), balance strength and moisture with a regular treatment product (Awapuhi Wild Ginger Keratin Intensive Treatment), coat hair with demi or semi-permanent color (Paul Mitchell PM Shines)
17. Paul Mitchell began setting trends in 1980, how have hairstyles evolved since then?
Linda: Hairstyles today reflect more of the individual rather than a specific trend
18. Let’s talk men—what are the hair color trends for them?
Scott: It’s definitely more pepper than salt — men are turning to treatments such as Paul Mitchell FlashBack to keep the salt in check.
19. Is there a certain celeb that you feel has been really influential in hair color?
Linda: Jennifer Aniston and Megan Fox
20. What’s the best way people can have fun with hair color and incorporate some non-traditional color into their look?
Scott: Using block color along with a little bit of non-permanent color, such as PM Shines and Ink Works – this will make it fade out gracefully.
21. What do you guys do for fun on your days off?
Scott: As little as possible! We love to enjoy our yard, our dogs and each other.
22. Do you inspire each other’s work?
Scott: Yes, most definitely. It’s a total ebb and flow.
23. We’ve all made hair faux-pas – what’s the one hair trend you wished never happened?
24. If you were stranded on a desert island, what three things would you bring with you?
Scott: Linda, a good book and a chess set.
25. How should someone fix the dreaded hair color mishap?
Linda & Scott: Seek a professional!
26. Do you style and color each other’s hair?
Linda: Yes, just not often enough
27. What is the latest hair-color technology?
Linda & Scott: Chroma Luxe Technology from Paul Mitchell—it delivers color with increased conditioning, shine and longevity of tone
28. Full color, highlights, semi-permanent, glaze, toner, etc.—what do people need to know about all the different options to get the color they desire?
Scott: You don’t need to know—just know what you want and rely on the professional to give your hair the desired look
29. Paul Mitchell is a brand with philanthropic roots. What do you do to give back?
Scott: We support the Humane Society
30. A good hair day can’t be beat, what else makes you smile?
Linda: The simple things in life…how much my dog loves a walkie, Scott when he makes-up words to the song he’s singing, intuition when you have it.
Bambola Beauty Wins Beauty Award!
Shecky’s Names Volcanic Mineral Scrub Best Exfoliant 2010!
Bambola Beauty’s full line consists of 20 luxurious products.
Bambola Beauty is sold on several online retailers and select spas. They offer full and travel size products ranging from $12 to $65. Each order comes with a free deluxe sample in reusable packaging and a portion of the proceeds benefits the Save the Earth Foundation.