I love this for a stocking stuffer! Tweezerman recently introduced the Brow Beauty Bubble. It’s a magnified compact 10X Mirror with the cutest candy cane glittered red and white striped mini Slant Tweezers. It’s small and convenient to carry in the bubble case. The Slant Tweezers by Tweezman is award winning. This gift is definitely on my wish list! www.tweezerman.com
Posts Tagged ‘professional’
One of the most famous brands in the clothing industry, Ed Hardy, is now in the beauty industry! Inspired by tattoo art designs, there are brushes, combs, blow dryers, flat irons, hair accessories & more. The Rose Teasing Brush is one of my “Fave” Ed Hardy styling tool products. It’s got 3 rows of bristles and a sectioning tail for a perfect tease every time. I love that it is easy to grip and I feel so cool when I use it! www.folica.com
Everyone knows that I am a fan of Celebrity stylist, Teddy Charles (check out my Face Book page
pictures for a photo of me & Teddy from a hair show that we judged!)
Teddy used the new Remington T-Studio Pearl Ceramic Styling Wand to create the nautical-inspired “Yacht Knot” hair look that accompanied the breezy, ethereal runway collection for Luca Luca S/S 2011. www.ulta.com
From Summer to Fall. Does my skin even know the difference?
You bet your brown spots your skin knows! Seasonal transition is definitely something our skin will have an effect from. Due to the weather, free radicals, UVA, UVB, air pollution…etc., our skin can become extremely dull and dehydrated and start showing more signs of the damage that was caused during our summer days in the sun. Cooler, dryer weather is undoubtedly the time to start preventing any further damage to your skin, and start repairing what damage has already been caused. Even if you protected your skin throughout summer with sunscreens and hats, damage still occurs. This is the perfect time to revitalize and rejuvenate your skin.
The holidays are just around the corner, now is the time to start amping up your skin care regimen and feeling great about your skin! Don’t wait until the last minute! Give yourself plenty of time so your skin can adjust and have optimal results by the time your holiday parties come around. There are so many fun and exciting treatments out right now for all skin types! You can’t turn back time, but you can definitely get on the road to healthy skin!
I’ve always said, “The most important thing you will wear all year is your skin, make it Healthy Skin!”
Scheduling an appointment with your licensed Esthetician is a great way to start the seasons right. By doing this your skincare specialist can help you determine your skin type and recommend products that best suit your skin needs. Ingredients are key, and your esthetician is trained to help you maintain beautiful, healthy skin not only in the treatment room, but at home too!
From Summer to Acne. Why don’t I breakout this much in Summer!?
Summer is pretty much over. The transition of the seasons has begun causing a noticeable effect on your complexion. The chaotic pressures of school starting again, having to get back to fighting traffic, dry cold weather, all these things cause stress, and when the stress is high, the skin reacts. It’s easy to overlook the fact that along with the crazy traffic and stressful work and school schedules your skin will suffer causing you even more stress resulting in acne breakouts.
In some instances the UV rays from the sun can actually help to control breakouts. It can be a little pimple or it can be several big ones! Most people just can’t resist taking matters into their own finger tips. You’re only human. We look for the quick fix, not thinking of what the consequences can be! I’ve had patients that pick, use needles, use safety pins, or whatever other sharp objects they can find, and about 95 percent of the time when they come to me, there is still bacteria stuck under the skin! We just cannot extract ourselves properly it doesn’t work! Picking causes trauma to the skin, from redness and dark spots to inflammation and scarring. It can even cause the acne to spread. Don’t self treat! Self treating with some home remedies can be risky and damage your skin. Like toothpaste! Big NO NO, unless you want a nice red or dark mark left on your face. Toothpaste can burn the skin. Don’t do it! There are hundreds of home remedies you can try, but be sure to use caution and research any reactions or side effects that can occur. Don’t be afraid to call your skincare specialist, dermatologist or esthetician for any remedies you can try at home. (You may not get an answer over the phone if you’re not already established with her/him)
The solution? Think about it.
The amount you spend on creams, cleansers and soaps looking for something that works for you can add up quickly! You try one cleanser after another, one moisturizer after another, Sun Screens, mask’s, pads, spot treatments, remedies, everything adds up! Has is treated the problem? Maybe? Has it made it worse? It’s possible.
You can see a licensed professional, trained to extract properly and that can recommend the products that can work for your skin type. By seeing your licensed Esthetician/Skincare Specialist and Dermatologist, and getting the proper topical treatments as well as facial treatments you can help fight acne breakouts. Acne treatments will focus on controlling inflammation and preventing or addressing issues of hyperpigmentation and scarring , treatments that get you back to healthier, clearer , more stress free skin. No matter what your age, gender, or skin type, professional acne treatments can work for you and improve your over all skin health. This goes for all parts of the body. Acne isn’t just on your face. It can occur on the back, chest, arms and other unmentionable places.
Don’t be afraid to interview your esthetician first. Best to get a referral to someone trusted by a friend or Doctor. Not just any esthetician is qualified at doing proper extractions!
Follow Molly M on Twitter http://twitter.com/SkinByMollyM
The Essentious product line is organic, natural and dye-free — everything a girl with ‘challenged’ hair is looking for!
Essentious offers you four products in order to achieve that ‘camera-ready’ hair!
1. Gently moisturize your hair with ‘Exonerate’ – a shampoo with a fresh, clean, gentle lather which rinses clean without stripping or drying the hair.
2. For those girls with very dry or damaged hair — ‘Hydrate’ is the product for you! A conditioning, moisture treatment, Hydrate leaves the hair soft and smooth without weighing it down and perfumes your hair with a sweet, butterscotch scent.
3. ‘Rejuvenate,’ is a strengthening protein treatment with a delightful melon scent. It really helps mend slplit ends.
4. Everyone gets a case of the ‘frizzies’ now and then, but with a daily use of ‘Shine,‘ your hair is smooth, non-greasy and non-frizzy! ‘Shine’ also has a great butterscotch scent.
Thumbs up on the Essentious product line!
Dazzle Dry vegan Quick Dry Nail Polish is featured in the August issue of NailPro magazine. Dazzle Dry polish dries hard in 5 minutes, has the longevity of a gel with easy application and removal. When it is used as directed it lasts chip free for up to 3 weeks on most nails! The editors at NailPro know their stuff so you can be guaranteed this is a great polish line!
Sheer, Sexy, Hot Pink, Silver-White Opalescent Shimmer! You’ll get it all in Three Custom Color Specialists “White Heat” Lip Gloss. The color experts at Three Custom Color Specialists created this gloss in honor of the launch of NY Times Best Selling Author Brenda Novak’s new romantic thriller “White Heat”. “Lip gloss is the one beauty essential I can’t live without,” says Novak. And believe me…I can’t live without this one! It comes in a swing-out lip gloss pot!
www.threecustom.com & www.brendanovak.com
1. A fun way to dress up any jeans and denim shirt is to put on a big pair of sunglasses and wear a long chiffon scarf around your head and around your neck where you tie it off. If you happen to have a convertible, you can let the scarf blow in the wind behind you! People will mistake you for an old screen siren!
2. A pair of jeans can really be jazzed up with a cute pair of strappy heels and a chiffon scarf used as a belt! Most men love a woman in strappy heels because a naked foot can be so sexy!
3. Have trouble walking in heels? Throw on your favorite flats with your favorite pair of jeans and put your hair up on top of your head into a ponytail. Grab some big hoop earrings and take that long chiffon or silk scarf and tie it around your neck and mid section so it becomes a cute halter-top!
4. Jean shorts are adorable but some gals don’t really have the tiny bottom to pull them off. Try wrapping a chiffon or silk scarf around your bottom with the tie in the front. It adds color and hides your bottom. Then just throw on a fun t-shirt!
5. I mention chiffon and silk scarves a lot because they are perfect for a lot of purposes. Try tying one to your purse before dashing out of the door. It dresses up your purse and then you are ready to put it on your head in case you find yourself in a convertible or in the wind. Also, it can work in a pinch as a nice bathing suit wrap!
6. If you have to paint a room in your house, take an old pair of jeans and wear them while painting. Don’t be afraid of getting paint splatters on them- that is the whole point. The more paint you get on them, the better! They will look like a work of art and friends will think you bought them that way. In fact, invite your gal pals over and everyone can paint in their jeans while creating fun new colorful jeans!
7. Take those skinny jeans and roll them up to Capri length. Add in an adorable t-shirt and a scarf around the neck or again as a belt and you will have a cute, classic look!
8. Cowboy boots with a comfortable pair of jeans are always great especially when paired with a fitted vest. Wearing it with a sleeveless t-shirt will help to keep a perfect silhouette from top to bottom. You got it now, Urban Cowgirl!
Tina O is the name and face behind the highly successful WannaWearByTinaO.com. A major fashionista, Tina believes that the everyday woman does not have to spend a fortune to make it look like she did. WannaWear creates high end fashions at everyday prices.
The Chronic Tonic. I love that name! It’s a plant infused shampoo and conditioning system that cleanses and fortifies nasty weather beaten hair. It’s lightweight and adds shine and volume. The Tonic line also includes Luster Tonic & Threesome Tonic. And guys…check out the gorgeous bikini clad gals on the website. You can meet the Tonic team and place an order there too! You’ll get free shipping if you spend over $25. tonicshop.com
Menaji® Skin Care 911 Eye Treatment is a must have for guys (and their gals too!). It rejuvenates & refreshes. It’s an all natural, hypo-allergenic treatment that reduces the appearance of dark, puffy eyes. The formulation includes Chamomile, Aloe, Eyebright and Wheat Protein. Guys love that it goes on feeling cool even without refrigeration. The Menaji line is fab! Check it out!