Genlux magazine calls Kari Whitman Hollywood’s Designing Woman for good reason. Kari is one of the most in demand interior decorators for Hollywood’s Hottest. Consider that Jessica Alba entrusted Kari to design her first baby nursery and rock icons like Don Henley won’t paint a wall without her. But Kari has attained a celebrity in her own right, hosting TV design shows and gracing the covers of magazines. An ardent animal rights patron, Kari spends her free time (what’s that?!) working hard for Ace of Hearts – her non profit that rescues dogs and finds them homes. Running her thriving business and non profit you’d think she’d look frazzled. Think again. Kari dresses to perfection with clothes that cling to a knock out figure. What furnishings can we fish out of her purse to discover her she does it? Read on to find out!
1. My favorite purse is a Stella McCartney faux patent leather with a double zipper. She’s an animal rights activist like I am and I love that her designs are hip, stylish, ethical and humane.
2. My dream purse is the new Prada Jean purse. Or Stella McCartney’s new tote bag!
3. The oldest purse I own is a macramé hippie bag from my high school years in Boulder, Colorado. I now use it as a beach bag.
4. The newest purse in my closet is a Stella McCartney clutch. It’s soft and velvety in a gorgeous turquoise blue color.
5. When I switch purses, I always move my business cards, my Ole Henrickson eye cream and at least one of my Lip Smackers first.
6. One thing that is always in my purse is Lip Smackers, Dr. Pepper flavor! I never have fewer than three at a time in my purse.
7. People would be surprised to find Scoopies Poopies eco-friendly clean-up bags. I run Ace of Hearts Dog Rescue and have two rescues of my own, so I never know when I’ll need them! I also never leave home without an assortment of mini-Sharpies in literally a rainbow of colors. I can’t even write with a regular pen anymore.
8. My favorite on-the-go beauty product is my Neova Ti-Silc sheer sunscreen. An absolute must for taking care of and protecting my skin.
9. I wish my dogs and girlfriends fit into purses! I LOVE my large rescue dogs, but they’re a Bulldog/Pit mix and a Pit/Pointer mix, which aren’t exactly little breeds! I’d also love to take my girlfriends (and their energy) everywhere I go.
10. Every woman should have condoms in her purse. Do I really need to say why?