|It's a Glam Thing|
Passion Fruit Body Polish by Fake Bake..check this out…it contains tiny fragments of loofah! The formula is paraben free and includes over a dozen botanicals. It’s formulated with Chamomile, Elder Flowers, Sage, Yarrow, Fennel, Marigold Oil, Aloe Vera & other great stuff. You apply it once or twice a week in the shower to exfoliate alone or to prepare for self-tanner application. I use it once a week on my entire body and a couple of more times a week on my knees elbows, feet and ankles. The scent is fabulous! www.fakebake.com
Well-groomed eyebrows are essential for looking great. Chella Professional Skincare has partnered with celebrity makeup artist DeeDee Marcelli to launch the brand new Brow Full-Fillment collection complete with a brow growth serum, essential tool kit and an amazing brow color kit in four shades so you can create your perfect brows at home.
DeeDee shares these tips on how to get camera-ready brows every time!
1. SHAPE: Use our Chella stencils or the “pencil method” to figure out where your eye brow should start, arch, and end. Holding the pencil, align flush against the side of your nose and this is where your brow should begin. Tilt the pencil midpoint and look for the highest part of your brow above the iris and this is where it should arch. Pencil in hand, tilt the pencil from the bottom of your nose to the outside edge and this is the ending point..
2. DRAWING: Use the Chella brow pencils to fill in desired look. Our pencils have a fine creamy tip that make drawing in the hairs look extremely natural. Apply using short strokes to draw thin hairs into place and smudge with our Chella brush.
3. COLOR: To make your brows look natural, it’s important to pick the right shade. Try to match the color of your hair! If you have many colors running through your hair (with various highlights) don’t be afraid to use two or three pencils! This will give you the most natural results. If you have gray hair, I suggest using our blonde pencil. For black hair, our dark brown is the perfect choice. I feel a black pencil is just too harsh and I like the youthfulness of a deep rich brown/black.
4. GROOMING: Now that you have selected your shape of brow and filled it in with the pencil, it’s time to get rid of any excess hair that would ruin the picture. Hairs that are overgrown should be gently clipped with scissors. If there is a lot of plucking to be done, I suggest our tweezers. For sculpting the brow (and also for any hairs that are too short to grip), the Chella razor is my favorite tool. It’s quick and has great precision. Don’t think twice about removing the hairs above the brow line! Also, our razor works wonders above the mouth or any place on the face where facial hairs are a problem.
5. FINE TUNING: The finishing touches should be highlighting your brow bone to show off and draw attention to your new brows. Chella Lace Highlighter is the perfect shade! A beautiful, blushy beige, our creamy pencil is soft, pretty and natural. Next, to set the shape of your brows, a quick brush though with the Chella Brow Gel and your brows are now camera ready! www.chella.com
$150 SoHo, NY, $95 Corvallis, OR, $125 Sarasota, FL. These are just a few examples of the cost for One (1) microdermabrasion treatment in spas across the US. So this should sound really good to you. It does to me, Age Sciences Personal Microderm at-home system. It works just like the professional spa treatments but saves you hundreds, maybe even thousands of dollars. Check out the website for a “How it Works” video, before and after photos, testimonials, to order & more. www.personalmicroderm.com
It’s always fun to find candy in your holiday stocking and even better when it’s Hard Candy! Right now, I am especially loving Hard Candy’s Visibly Wet Shockingly Glossy Lip Pencil. It’s only $4.80 at walmart.com! I am wearing Brown Sugar right now. I have layered it with the Rose shade in the past too. It looks great both ways. My niece is rockin’ their Eye Def these days in Pool Boy. Check out the other cool names like Ditch & Liar. www.walmart.com
I love this for a stocking stuffer! Tweezerman recently introduced the Brow Beauty Bubble. It’s a magnified compact 10X Mirror with the cutest candy cane glittered red and white striped mini Slant Tweezers. It’s small and convenient to carry in the bubble case. The Slant Tweezers by Tweezman is award winning. This gift is definitely on my wish list! www.tweezerman.com
Not all combs are created equally! You may not realize how damaging combs can be to your hair. Burrs and jagged seams, improper positioning of teeth and other inadequacies can break and damage healthy hair causing split ends, dullness and all around hair havoc!
I especially love the hand-made Tortoise combs from Creative Professional Hair Tools! Each is hand made from a single sheet of Italian cellulose acetate. They are comfortable in your hand, there are no burrs and the teeth are gently rounded. The prices range from $10.90 – $13.90. Stylist can enter promo code “creativepro” at checkout for a professional discount. www.creativehairtools.com
From Summer to Fall. Does my skin even know the difference?
You bet your brown spots your skin knows! Seasonal transition is definitely something our skin will have an effect from. Due to the weather, free radicals, UVA, UVB, air pollution…etc., our skin can become extremely dull and dehydrated and start showing more signs of the damage that was caused during our summer days in the sun. Cooler, dryer weather is undoubtedly the time to start preventing any further damage to your skin, and start repairing what damage has already been caused. Even if you protected your skin throughout summer with sunscreens and hats, damage still occurs. This is the perfect time to revitalize and rejuvenate your skin.
The holidays are just around the corner, now is the time to start amping up your skin care regimen and feeling great about your skin! Don’t wait until the last minute! Give yourself plenty of time so your skin can adjust and have optimal results by the time your holiday parties come around. There are so many fun and exciting treatments out right now for all skin types! You can’t turn back time, but you can definitely get on the road to healthy skin!
I’ve always said, “The most important thing you will wear all year is your skin, make it Healthy Skin!”
Scheduling an appointment with your licensed Esthetician is a great way to start the seasons right. By doing this your skincare specialist can help you determine your skin type and recommend products that best suit your skin needs. Ingredients are key, and your esthetician is trained to help you maintain beautiful, healthy skin not only in the treatment room, but at home too!
From Summer to Acne. Why don’t I breakout this much in Summer!?
Summer is pretty much over. The transition of the seasons has begun causing a noticeable effect on your complexion. The chaotic pressures of school starting again, having to get back to fighting traffic, dry cold weather, all these things cause stress, and when the stress is high, the skin reacts. It’s easy to overlook the fact that along with the crazy traffic and stressful work and school schedules your skin will suffer causing you even more stress resulting in acne breakouts.
In some instances the UV rays from the sun can actually help to control breakouts. It can be a little pimple or it can be several big ones! Most people just can’t resist taking matters into their own finger tips. You’re only human. We look for the quick fix, not thinking of what the consequences can be! I’ve had patients that pick, use needles, use safety pins, or whatever other sharp objects they can find, and about 95 percent of the time when they come to me, there is still bacteria stuck under the skin! We just cannot extract ourselves properly it doesn’t work! Picking causes trauma to the skin, from redness and dark spots to inflammation and scarring. It can even cause the acne to spread. Don’t self treat! Self treating with some home remedies can be risky and damage your skin. Like toothpaste! Big NO NO, unless you want a nice red or dark mark left on your face. Toothpaste can burn the skin. Don’t do it! There are hundreds of home remedies you can try, but be sure to use caution and research any reactions or side effects that can occur. Don’t be afraid to call your skincare specialist, dermatologist or esthetician for any remedies you can try at home. (You may not get an answer over the phone if you’re not already established with her/him)
The solution? Think about it.
The amount you spend on creams, cleansers and soaps looking for something that works for you can add up quickly! You try one cleanser after another, one moisturizer after another, Sun Screens, mask’s, pads, spot treatments, remedies, everything adds up! Has is treated the problem? Maybe? Has it made it worse? It’s possible.
You can see a licensed professional, trained to extract properly and that can recommend the products that can work for your skin type. By seeing your licensed Esthetician/Skincare Specialist and Dermatologist, and getting the proper topical treatments as well as facial treatments you can help fight acne breakouts. Acne treatments will focus on controlling inflammation and preventing or addressing issues of hyperpigmentation and scarring , treatments that get you back to healthier, clearer , more stress free skin. No matter what your age, gender, or skin type, professional acne treatments can work for you and improve your over all skin health. This goes for all parts of the body. Acne isn’t just on your face. It can occur on the back, chest, arms and other unmentionable places.
Don’t be afraid to interview your esthetician first. Best to get a referral to someone trusted by a friend or Doctor. Not just any esthetician is qualified at doing proper extractions!
Follow Molly M on Twitter http://twitter.com/SkinByMollyM
I have finally mastered the technique of teasing my hair! Up until I discovered the VERSI COMB, I just couldn’t get it right. The VERSI COMB amazingly makes it easy. It’s a brush, comb and teaser combined into one. It shines, volumizes, smoothes and separates. Melissa Peverini, celebrity hairstylist with over 20 years experience created it. Use its narrow side (with nylon and boar’s hair brush bristles) to separate & lift your hair at the crown, gently brush your hair back down toward the scalp, switch to the wide side (with nylon and boar’s hair brush bristles) to smooth the remaining hair over the teased area. Watch the videos on the website to learn more. Love it! www.versicomb.com