Sometimes when I’m planning for an important meeting, project, event, etc. I have moments where I feel like I don’t know where to begin unless I jot my thoughts & ideas on paper in order to get direction for what I want to achieve. In similarity when going through all of life’s changes, like getting a new job, getting married, or having children, it seems that the way we dress tends to go along for the journey. For some, it may change, stay the same, evolve and make major improvements. Due to the above, I decided to share these 8 guidelines from my own personal experience when I learned, and developed my personal style.
2. Don’t compare yourself or your life to others. It ends in deception and false reality (Proverbs 23:17)
3. Love, know, accept your body and be happy in your skin. For those of you who’ve achieved this, you have crossed one of the biggest milestones in a woman’s life. I congratulate you.
4. Be objective, Shop objectively not out of impulse.
Consider asking yourself whether or not you’ve paid that light bill yet;
Can you really afford the Jimmy Choo shoes you’re proudly taking to the cash register?
Will they/it be put to good use?
IE: The LBD is a very wise purchase, a staple that should be in every woman’s closet, and works for almost any occasion.
5. Don’t overdo. Set limits for yourself. This includes, wearing all the new must-haves at one time does not say you’ve got style, more like fashion victim which may also lead to something unbecoming of a lady.
6. Get rid of anything that is not useful, and joyful in your life, your closet or both.
This works wonders on your confidence and it’ll show in your step.
7. Know how to hunt in a department store. A good bargain plus a good find equals a smart shopper.
8. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, and show up!
Whether it’s running to the grocery store or attending a party, always ensure to be clean & polished.
Remember, that saying about first impressions?
Feel free to create your own guidelines to help you find your personal style, or use mine. After all its up to YOU…