Founded in Parma, Italy in 1983 by the Bollati family, Davines started as a research laboratory, producing high-end hair care products for renowned cosmetic companies worldwide. After a decade of honing their expertise, they began creating their own brand of Davines hair care products exclusively for salons, which are now available in over 70 countries in the most exclusive salons.
Since the beginning, Davines has focused on crafting quality products that are specifically engineered to work, and express the company’s distinctive style and spirit. Beauty + Sustainability is the inspiring concept for all Davines projects, from product formulation and design, to company ethics and salon education.
“By creating beauty sustainability, we encourage people to take care of themselves, of the environment in which they live & work, of the things they love.”
The active ingredients are combined in order to perform specific functions, called “factors”:
- EXTRA MOISTURIZING FACTOR
- EXTREME FLEXIBILITY FACTOR
- ANTI-RESIDUE FACTOR
- TEXTURE FACTOR
The formulas are parabens free and without colouring.
The latest and most fabulous product that the active crew will appreciate is the Hair Refresher.
Its specific formulation is conceived to refresh and clean all hair types without using water. It does not weigt the hair down while creating a full-bodied volume. Hair is scented and soft like just-washed, thanks to the starch that absorbs the excess of sebum.
How to use:
Shake then spray onto dry hair at a distance of about 20 cm, paying attention to make short bursts. Leave on for about 1 minute and brush. In order to have more volume blow-dry with cold air.
Natural Active Ingredients:
“Beauty will save the world” At Davines, we believe this is possible; and we believe that our vision of sustainability can make it happen.
Our ideal of beauty finds its inspiration in the concept of equilibrium between substance and shape as well as in the Italian Renaissance tradition. Our style is a delicate convergence of unique characteristics and it’s inspired by simplicity, harmony and good taste.The beauty that we believe in is based on respect and appreciation for individuality. So we celebrate and express the grace and elegance that makes each of us who we are. This is why we consider ourselves as a tool for our customers to express their own uniqueness.
By creating “beauty” we want to encourage people to take care of themselves, of the environment in which they live and work, and of the things they love.
Our multicultural curiosity motivates us to explore the many truths that make our world. We strive to be in tune with the mood of the moment while still remaining fresh over time.
Our particular brand of beauty cannot work without practical and “sustainable” efforts. For us, sustainability deals with the responsibility we owe to ourselves, the people with which we work, our customers, and the world in which we live and operate today and tomorrow. That said, our vision of “sustainability” has a range of connected meanings:
- “sustainability” in regard to our commitment to minimizing the impact on the environment, not compromising the quality or quantity of natural resources today or tomorrow.
- “sustainability” in regard to our privileged use of natural ingredients, enhanced with cutting-edge cosmetic technologies and an artisanal, handcrafted spirit. Through this approach we strive to guarantee the effectiveness of our products and the safety of our customers.
- “sustainability” in regard to “freedom of creation”. Our decisions are led more by “intuition” than “calculation” and by a pioneering spirit that guides us to avoid the mainstream and to explore ideas beyond trends. At Davines, every idea is born free and then developed with authenticity, in harmony with our values;
- “sustainability” in regard to “ethics”. The word “ethics” in ancient Greek means “house, shelter, lair”. Inspired by this definition and by the honor of being a family company, we make our professional environment feel more like a homely place where to develop oneself and create sincere relationships with others both in and outside the company, on a multicultural level.
In summarizing, “beautiful and good” – as the ancients referred to the inseparable unity between exterior and interior beauty – is another way to say “sustainable beauty”. And “sustainable beauty” is another way to say Davines.
To learn more about this amazing line, visit: http://www.davines.com/en/home/